Selective nickel/cobalt capture in processes and effluents
- Process efficiency
- High selectivity
- Low concentrations adsorbed
- Functionalised polymer
- Selective capture
- Electro-zinc plating
- 1 patent
- GRENOBLE INP
In the process industry nickel/cobalt pollution is frequently observed in the effluents. This occurs due to the materials used in the processes. French regulations have set a maximum threshold for nickel/cobalt concentration in discharged water and further restrictions are yet to come. Manufacturers are faced with the obligation to optimise their effluent treatments, which represents significant treatment costs.
A functionalized polymer developed and produced in the laboratory allows selective capture of nickel and cobalt. In this way, the impact of the presence of nickel and cobalt on industrial processes is inhibited.
- Insoluble in most solvents
- Capture is effective even in strong acidic environments (pH=2)
- The recycling of the polymer is possible thanks to a controlled release
State of progress
Validated at the laboratory scale, the development of a prototype facility on a significant scale is currently underway. Samples are available for industrial testing and feasibility studies.
- Trace reduction to meet regulatory standards for nickel-laden effluents or other deposits from process metallurgy industries
- Removal of polluting metals in a process: baths used in electro-galvanizing, electro-metallurgy, electro-refining and battery recycling processes
In the magazine
1, 2 and 3 startups for Nora Dempsey, National Medal of Innovation 2021
Nora Dempsey is one of the four winners of National Medal for Innovation 2021 awarded by CNRS. Nora Dempsey, born in Ireland, has gained an international recognition for her research in Grenoble on...Read the article
Amiral Technologies, la startup IA grenobloise spécialisée dans les solutions de maintenance prédictive, intègre Station F
An ambitious promise: to invent a zero-defect and zero-downtime future for industry. Amiral Technologies, a startup co-founded and boosted by Linksium, based on the technological prowess of the Gre...Read the article