Folding wind turbine for hurricane zones
- Low cost
- Easy folding
- Low maintenance
- Decarbonation of the islands
- Wind turbine
- Hurricane zones
- 1 patent
- LEGI Grenoble
- GRENOBLE INP
- Available licenses
The objective of this project is to give countries located in cyclone zones access to wind energy production thanks to a technology compatible with local climatic conditions, but also and above all with their economic constraints. In particular, the FARWIND technology, due to its simplicity and rusticity, will allow the machines to be produced locally and to be maintained without having to resort to highly skilled labor.
- Power from 150 to 250 KW according to local wind conditions
- Three-phase asynchronous generator with or without inverter
- Brake lock for high winds
- Powerful, simple and robust technology
- Allows in-situ construction, at low cost and with full involvement of the user countries.
- Replaces petro-electricity and therefore greatly reduces the carbon footprint of the user country (around 355t of CO² per year and per wind turbine)
- Easy folding and maintenance
State of progress
Wind tunnel tests on a scale of 1:18 have validated the excellent performance of the wind turbine.
A project for the construction of a 1/5 scale demonstrator is underway, for installation in a cyclonic zone.
Production of wind energy in hurricane zones as an alternative to petroelectricity.