Integrated micro-pumps for microfluidics
- Compact system
- Broad range of flowrates (0.1-1000 µL/min)
- Reversible pumping without leakage
- Biomedical analysis
- 1 patent
Partnerships & Rewards
- 2021 i-PhD French Deeptech PhD Competition Winner
- GRENOBLE INP
Over the last few years, microfluidics has become one of the major technology to handle fluids for biomedical and environmental analysis or chemical synthesis. It usually requires a precise flow control in the microfluidic channels. Our micro-pump is a simple solution to this complex challenge.
Pump It technology relies on an innovative actuation of a magnetic membrane integrated within a microfluidic chip. The actuation is performed contactless thanks to a control unit of a few cm3 only. The deformation of the membranes induces a peristaltic pumping which is precisely controlled.
- Integration and usage are simplified by the suppression of any mechanical, electrical or fluidic connection to the pump
- Contactless actuation possible in confined environment
- Suitable for many applications thanks to the very broad range of flowrates (0.1-1000 µL/min).
State of progress
Prototypes have been developed and tested in the lab. Complex systems integrating micro-pumps are currently under development.
Any microfluidics, but particularly applications, intended to be portable that are hindered by space constraint, complex connections, or need for costly automats: among them, field or lab analysis and organ-on-chip.