Simplifying level measurement with a new sensitivity
- Level measurement
- Capacitive sensor
- 2 patents
- 1 knowhow
Partnerships & Rewards
- 2018 French Deeptech Innovation Competition Winner
- Incorporated startups
Kapflex is a measuring system for industrial use (aeronautics, gas/oil, chemicals, spatial, food, automobile, medical) that simplifies level measurement and facilitates usages.
The growing level measurement market was estimated at $4.1 billion in 2018, around 25% of which is generated in Europe.
The Kapflex technology measures the liquid level or foil thickness by capacitive measurement, based on the contrast of the dialectric constant between two phases. The sensor’s innovative geometry is patented and guarantees optimal sensitivity. Covered in a plastic film, the sensor is flexible and thin. Double-sided, its mass screen is on the other side.
- Adapts to any shape of tank or pipe
- Can be cut like a ribbon
- Used by direct contact with the fluid/gas or through a non-metallic wall
- Light, resistant, immune to mechanical vibrations
- Range of uses including very low temperatures and high pressure
- Use in polyprobe or continuous measurement (from cm to several metres)
State of progress
Kapflex is currently supported in incubation by Linksium and has received the support of Floralis and Captronic. A demonstration kit is in development and tests can be carried out on the customer’s premises on request.
Our representatives: Air Liquide, Airbus Helicopter, EFI, Inergy, GTT, Musthane, etc.
- Level or interface detection: oil, AdBlue, petrol, kerosene, LH2, gas
- Tomography: soaking of porous environments, multiphasic, NDE
- Film thicknesses: aerosols, pollutions, dampening films
- Positioning: actuator command, remote sensor, etc
1, 2 and 3 startups for Nora Dempsey, National Medal of Innovation 2021
Nora Dempsey is one of the four winners of National Medal for Innovation 2021 awarded by CNRS. Nora Dempsey, born in Ireland, has gained an international recognition for her research in Grenoble on...Read the article
Amiral Technologies, la startup IA grenobloise spécialisée dans les solutions de maintenance prédictive, intègre Station F
An ambitious promise: to invent a zero-defect and zero-downtime future for industry. Amiral Technologies, a startup co-founded and boosted by Linksium, based on the technological prowess of the Gre...Read the article