Technological needs of current societies boost the development of interactive objects. Solutions exist on the market but their environmental impact is set aside. PaperTouch offers alternative by considering an eco-responsible approach.
The PaperTouch project has developed an innovative process to produce Epaper.
Electronic circuits are printed in the bulk of a paper during its manufacturing, producing to all appearances a classic paper with a close difference: it contains electronic functions in its bulk.
– The Epaper is bio-based since it is mainly constituted of cellulosic fibers. The absence of glue causes an easy disassembly of the electronic paper for recycling.
– The sensitivity to humidity of the Epaper permits to create objects with unprecedented functions such as breath sensitive keys.
– 4 laboratory demonstrators.
– Positioning on the value chain.
– Process scale-up in progress.
– Promotional printings and packaging
Ex : multifunction packaging : luminous effect and traceability/information functions (NFC), interactive books
– Interactive tools for motor-handicapped people
Ex : Breath sensitive pad
– Control panel for smarts home
Ex : interactive wall papers