DECRO: Connected jacket
- Compliance with the regulations on ethics
- Respect for the physiology of animals
- Reduced costs
- Unobtrusive research
- Cardiac monitoring
- 2 patents
- 2 software
- 5 knowhow
Partnerships & Rewards
- 2019 French Deeptech Innovation Competition Winner
- GRENOBLE INP
- Incorporated startups
Whether for the study of physiological mechanisms or the evaluation of the effectiveness and safety of a new drug, animal experimentation is at the heart of the development process of new drugs.
With small laboratory mammals (guinea pigs, rats, etc.), scientists lack simple and rapid techniques that are less restrictive for both the experimenters and the animals.
Etisense has created and developed and is now marketing DECRO®, the first telemetric jacket for the non-invasive monitoring of cardiac and respiratory functions, together with the activities of rodents in their living conditions.
The system relies on high-resolution measurements of variations of the chest cavity. The raw data of the sensors are transmitted via a wireless link and then transformed into standard physiological parameters by intelligent software using advanced signal processing algorithms and original physiological models.
The physiological parameters are displayed in real time on a computer or tablet and can also be analysed later.
The main advantages of DECRO® are:
• Refinement of experimental procedures and reduction of the number of animals (Ethics)
• Preservation of the physiology of animals and access to extended measures (minimising stress, animals allowed to move freely)
• Simplicity and speed of use (no surgery, reduced technician time, etc.) enabling faster decision-making than with existing techniques
State of progress
DECRO® is developed by the company ETISENSE (www.etisense.com), created in spring 2018. The project has received maturation and incubation financing via Linksium and the LSI Carnot Institute. The first version of the product is in industrialization and orders have been honoured in public research.
ETISENSE has expertise in connected tissue and signal processing that can be extended beyond research applied to small laboratory animals.
The DECRO® jacket targets the following applications:
- Safety tests of new drugs (safety toxicology and pharmacology)
- Early screening of molecules
- Monitoring of vital parameters (per and post-operative, monitoring of end points)
- Basic research (cardiac, respiratory, neurological)