Improving the performance and fuel efficiency of electric motors with an overflux device
- Increase power density of electric motors
- Reduced motor size and quantity of materials used (including magnets) with guaranteed performance
- Modular device adapted to all variable-speed motorization applications
- Electric drive systems
- Power electronics
Partnerships & Rewards
- 2023 French Deeptech PhD Competition Winner
- GRENOBLE INP
Improving the performance of electric motors has become a major challenge, particularly for electric mobility. The challenge is to improve the efficiency and energy density of motors while reducing their environmental impact. With SUMOT, this challenge is met.
These benefits are achieved through the innovative use of power electronics to overflux the motors. This makes it possible to exploit their full potential and increase power output, with no additional strain on the motor's power supply system.
The SUMOT device enables:
- greatly increase the power delivered by motors (+70% obtained on industrial and electric vehicle motors);
- reduce the size and weight of motors, while guaranteeing their performance;
- reduce their economic and environmental costs.
State of progress
This technology is currently at TRL 3 level. A first prototype has validated the concept and expected benefits. An on-board demonstrator in a rolling vehicle is scheduled for the first quarter of 2024.
SUMOT applies to all variable-speed motorization applications: electric mobility, industry, home automation, etc. The electric vehicle is a priority target, as SUMOT addresses the issues faced by players in this sector.
1, 2 and 3 startups for Nora Dempsey, National Medal of Innovation 2021
Nora Dempsey is one of the four winners of National Medal for Innovation 2021 awarded by CNRS. Nora Dempsey, born in Ireland, has gained an international recognition for her research in Grenoble on...Read the article
Amiral Technologies, la startup IA grenobloise spécialisée dans les solutions de maintenance prédictive, intègre Station F
An ambitious promise: to invent a zero-defect and zero-downtime future for industry. Amiral Technologies, a startup co-founded and boosted by Linksium, based on the technological prowess of the Gre...Read the article