Smart bandages for faster healing
- Faster and easier healing of chronic wounds
- A remote tracking tool to follow up the healing evolution
- Alert in case of infection
- An optimized therapy thanks to electrostimulation
- Wound Care
- 3 patents
Partnerships & Rewards
- 2020 French Deeptech Innovation Competition Winner
- 2021 i-Nov French Deeptech Entreprise Competition Winner
- GRENOBLE INP
- Incorporated startups
Chronic wounds are ulcers not healing after 6 weeks. They affect numerous patients mainly among elderly and diabetic people. Those wounds evolve slowly, and, when treatment adherence or patient follow-up are not strict, can lead to necrosis and even amputation: half a million of them happen each year worldwide.
The project is based on the integration of a new material, graphene in a dressing directly applicable to wounds.
By integrating, in the core of their bandages, a smart electronic material connected to a telemedicine environment, Grapheal provides caregivers a remote wound monitoring tool that tracks observance, healing speed and which alerts in case of infection.
Added to its diagnosis tool, Grapheal awaits a significant healing improvement thanks to wound electrostimulation all along the day with unprecedented ergonomics. With their healing progress tracking system, Grapheal bandages will testify for their own efficiency.
State of progress
- Prototypes advanced
- Preclinical studies achieved, clinical studies planned
New generation of dressing to combine tracking and healing of complex wounds.